Last Updated: 12/4/2023
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully. By using any of the Services, you agree to the collection, use, and disclosure of your information as described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to this Privacy Notice, please do not use or access the Services.
Our Services are not intended for minors under 18, and we do not seek or knowingly collect information relating to minors. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected information about a minor, in particular any minor under 13 years of age, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information. If you are the parent or guardian of a minor under 13 years of age who has provided us with their personal information, you may contact us using the below information to request that it be deleted.
- CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may modify this Privacy Notice from time to time, in which case we will update the “Last Updated” date. If we make material changes to the way in which we use information we collect, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you, and take any additional steps required by applicable law. If you do not agree to any updates to this Privacy Notice, please do not access or continue to use the Services.
- COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
When you use or access the Services, we collect certain information about you from a variety of sources.
Information You Provide to Us
Some features of the Services may require you to directly provide us with certain information about yourself. You may elect not to provide this information but doing so may prevent you from using or accessing these features. You may provide some or all of the following information to us when you create an account with us, use our Services, sign up for our newsletters or alerts, or communicate with us or other users via our Services, by social media or otherwise:
- Contact and identity information, such as name, email address, shipping address, phone number, social media handles and driver’s license or government ID information.
- Account information, such as username, password, profile photo, Item sizes and birthday. If you choose to register an account, you are responsible for keeping your account credentials safe, and we recommend you do not share your credentials with anyone. If you believe your account has been compromised, please contact us immediately.
- Information about your use of the Services, such as your preferred size(s)/option(s) for Items, zip code, information about items that you list, rent, buy, sell or otherwise express interest in, the content of messages that you send or receive from other users, promotion and referral codes and other information about your use of the Services.
- Payment information, such as credit or debit card information and billing address, which is collected on our behalf by our payment processor.
- User-generated content, such as pictures, videos, reviews and any other information that you submit to us for publishing on the Services (“UGC”). We or others may store, display, reproduce, publish, or otherwise use UGC, and may or may not attribute it to you. Others may also have access to UGC and may have the ability to share it with third parties. If you choose to submit UGC to any public area of the Services, your UGC will be considered “public” and will be accessible by anyone, including us.
- Any other information you choose to include in communications with us, for example, when interacting with us through our online chatbot, sending us an email or responding to surveys. Please note that we use a third party service to power our chatbot.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect certain information about your interaction with the Services (“Usage Data”), including:
- Device information, such as device type, operating system, unique device identifier, and internet protocol (IP) address.
- Location information, such as approximate location.
- Other information regarding your interaction with the Services, such as browser type, log data, date and time stamps, clickstream data and referral activity.
Information Collected From Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from outside sources, including information that we collect directly from third parties and information from third parties that you choose to share with us. Such information includes:
- Information we receive from other users, including feedback and reviews posted by other users, and if another user has provided us your information to invite you to use our Services or to send you a gift card.
- Analytics data we receive from analytics providers such as Google Analytics.
- Background check information we receive from third party providers that assist us in conducting such checks, including when relevant to claims of fraud or stealing Items. This information includes driver’s license or other government ID information.
- Information we receive when you choose to interact with us through social media and other third parties, such as when you access the services through or interact with us on Instagram, Facebook or TikTok.
Any information we obtain from third parties will be treated in accordance with this Privacy Notice. We are not responsible for the accuracy of the information provided to us by third parties and are not responsible for any third party’s policies or practices. For more information, see the section below, Third Party Websites and Links.
- USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information described in this Policy to:
- Administer and otherwise provide the Services, including to create and maintain your account, verify your identity and location, process your payments, enable you to connect with other users and list, rent, buy or sell Items.
- Monitor and analyze trends, better understand user interactions and experiences and tailor your experience with the Services, including to provide more personalized recommendations based on information such as your zip code, size(s)/option(s) associated with Items and interactions with our chatbot, and to send you birthday communications.
- Conduct internal research and development and to improve and develop our products and services, including to improve the models that power our chatbot.
- Enhance the safety and security of our Services, such as to conduct troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance and reporting, and to investigate and resolve suspected or allegations of fraud, violations of our terms or applicable law.
- Provide customer support, respond to your queries, tell you about products or services that may be of interest and send you announcements in relation to your account and other communications.
- Comply with applicable legal obligations, enforce our contractual arrangements and policies, and protect or defend the Services, our rights and the rights of our users or others.
We may also aggregate or deidentify information such that it no longer identifies you and use that information in accordance with applicable law.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We disclose your information with third parties in certain circumstances, subject to this Privacy Notice, including:
- With other users of the Services, including when you post Items or communicate with other users through the Services.
- With service providers and vendors, including our fulfilment and courier partners, for customer relationship management, payment processing, email marketing, chatbot operation and improvement, data analytics and website hosting.
- With professional advisors, such as auditors, law firms, or accounting firms.
- For legal and security reasons and to protect our services and business, such as with regulators, law enforcement agencies, public authorities, or any other relevant organizations, to comply with applicable law or obligations thereunder, including cooperation with law enforcement, judicial orders, and regulatory inquiries, to protect the interests of, and ensure the safety and security, of us, our users, a third party or the public, to exercise or defend legal claims, and to enforce our terms and conditions or other agreements.
- To a prospective buyer, seller, new owner, or other relevant third party in connection with or anticipation of an asset sale or purchase, a share sale, purchase or merger, bankruptcy, or other business transaction or re-organization (including while negotiating or in relation to a change of corporate control).
- With our affiliates or otherwise within our corporate group.
- When you request or authorize us to share certain information with third parties, including through social media widgets.
- COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We use Tracking Technologies to collect information about your browsing activities over time and across different websites following your use of our Services. These Tracking Technologies may be placed by us or third parties, including Google, and allow us to recognize and count the number of users and to see how users move around our Services when they are using it. This helps us analyze and improve our products, services and the way our Website and App works and to deliver ads targeted to your interests.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but you may be able to control the way in which your devices permit the use of Tracking Technologies. If you so choose, you may block or delete our cookies from your browser; however, blocking or deleting cookies may cause some of the Services, including certain features and general functionality, to work incorrectly.
While your browser settings may allow you to transmit a “do not track” signal, “opt-out preference” signal, or other mechanism for exercising your choice regarding the collection of your information online, like many websites, our Website is not designed to respond to such signals. To learn more about “do not track” signals, you can visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com/. To opt out of tracking by Google Analytics, click here.
- SOCIAL FEATURES
Certain features of the Services allow you to initiate interactions between the Services and third party services or platforms, such as social networks (“Social Features”). Social Features include features that allow you to access our pages on third party platforms, and from there “like” or “share” our content. Use of Social Features may allow a third party to collect and/or use your information. If you use Social Features, information you post or make accessible may be publicly displayed by the third party. Both we and the third party may have access to information about you and your use of both the Services and the third party service. For more information, see the section below, Third Party Websites and Links.
- THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND LINKS
We may provide links to third party websites or platforms. If you follow links to sites or platforms that we do not control and are not affiliated with us, you should review the applicable privacy notice, policies and other terms. We are not responsible for the privacy or security of, or information found on, these sites or platforms. Information you provide on public or semi-public venues, such as third party social networking platforms, may also be viewable by other users of the Services and/or users of those third party platforms without limitation as to its use. Our inclusion of such links does not, by itself, imply any endorsement of the content on such platforms or of their owners or operators.
- DATA SECURITY
Despite our reasonable efforts to protect your information, no security measures are impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee “perfect security.” Any information you send to us electronically, while using the Services or otherwise interacting with us, may not be secure while in transit. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to send us sensitive or confidential information.
- RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Depending on where you live, you may have certain rights in relation to your personal information. However, these rights are not absolute, and may apply only in certain circumstances.
For example, if you are a California resident under the age of eighteen (18), have registered to use the Services and have posted UGC to the Services, you may be able to request that such content be removed from the Services by contacting us. Such request must state that you personally posted such UGC and detail where the UGC is posted. We will make reasonable good faith efforts to remove the UGC from prospective public view or anonymize it so you cannot be individually identified. This removal process cannot ensure complete or comprehensive removal. For instance, third parties may have republished the post and archived copies of it may be stored by search engines and others that we do not control.
You may also be able to unsubscribe from marketing emails by using the unsubscribe function contained in the email communication to you.
- HOW TO CONTACT US
We welcome your questions and feedback about our privacy practices and this Privacy Notice. You can contact us at 44 Wall St #502 New York, NY 10005 or by e-mail at email@example.com.